Integrated Services Digital Network
PART E (Item 503)
- Service Description
- This Item is subject to the terms and provisions of Item 500 of this Tariff.
- Integrated Services Digital Network ("ISDN") Service is a digital service that provides the Customer with two or more separate 64 kbps Channels per Circuit. ISDN is a transport medium for other PSTN services, both voice and data services and Internet access.
- C&W provides two categories of ISDN service: Basic Rate Interface ("BRI") service and Primary Rate Interface ("PRI") service.
- The BRI service consists of two 64 kbps B Channels, for a total Bandwidth of 128 kbps, and one 16 kbps D Channel. A single 64 kbps data channel service option is also available.
- The PRI service is intended for users with greater capacity requirements. Typically, the structure consists of 30 B Channels plus one 64 kbps D Channel for a maximum of 2048 kbps (2 Mbps).
- ISDN Service provides for simultaneous transmission capability. Activated B Channels can be configured by the Customer, to provide dedicated voice and data Service or alternating voice and data Service.
- Initial Term available for ISDN Services: Month-to-month.
- Terms and Conditions
- ISDN Service is available in Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac only.
- The monthly Service Charge is payable even if the Customer does not use the ISDN Service during the month, or if not all B Channels are activated. ISDN Service may not be suspended at any time.
- ISDN service supports inbound remote access, however the Customer will be limited to their analogue modem connection speeds when not accessing from an ISDN Circuit.
- The following Apparatus is required: one ISDN terminal adapter (sometimes referred to as a TA or an ISDN modem) which conforms to European standards (ETSI). Customer may acquire this Apparatus from C&W or elsewhere. C&W includes the necessary NT1 device based on European standards (ETSI).
- ISDN Service is available to both Business Customers and Residential Customers.
- Packages & Rates
The following rates and charges currently apply:
Installation Charge Monthly Charge BRI – Residential $140.00 $25.00 BRI – Business $140.00 $35.00 PRI – Business $140.00 $200.00
1) Local Data:
- - $0.12 / minute / active channel (weekdays)
- - $0.04 / minute / active channel (6p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Saturday, all day Sunday)
2) International Data: standard IDD rate + 10% (see Item 401) 3) Local Voice: standard Domestic rate (see Item 201) 4) International Voice standard IDD rate (see Item 401)